Wednesday, November 14, 2012

#35 Send 3 people who aren't related to me a surprise, just because.

Who doesn't love getting a package in the mail?  It is even more fun when you don't expect it.  That is the reasoning behind this goal. 

The first package that I sent was a secret Santa package.  I crocheted  a pink hat for a 7 year old girl that I know.  Her big sister had been stationed in Korea and was not going to be home for Christmas for the first time.  She also has 4 brothers.  I know that she is close to her older sister and was going to miss her.  So I anonymously sent her the package with a note saying that I knew her sister was going to be missing her too and that the hat was pink so that her brothers wouldn't steal it. I did hear through the grapevine that she really liked the hat and wore it often last year.

The second package was to a lady that I meet through Postcrossing.  She lives in Germany.  I sent her a bracelet that I had made.  We have been writing to each other since our first postcard and sending small things back and forth.  She makes Hummel  cards to sell at craft sales with the money going for underprivileged children.

The third package that I sent was to a friends daughter that is studying in England for a year.  I wasn't sure how people across the pond celebrate Halloween, so I got together some decorations and fun toys to send her.  The shipping cost as much as everything in the box did!  She greatly appreciated the thought and had fun with the things that I sent. 

It is so much fun to make someones day.  I will be sending out more packages, who knows maybe you will be the next to get one!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment