Wednesday, July 20, 2011

# 82 Do my optional Digital Photography booklet 6/5/11

I've been interested in photography for as long as I can remember.  To capture a moment in time and preserve that moment for all to see is a gift.  I got my first camera in high school (I think) and took many pictures of everything and anything.  I was thrilled to have the chance to use the high school darkroom (the same darkroom that my Dad used when he was in high school) to learn how to develop pictures.  I spent many hours in that small room with my friends.  The pictures weren't the best, but the thrill of watching them appear on the paper is still magic to me.  I took some photography classes in college, but had to drop them when I found out I was pregnant with Jason.  I was getting sick from the smell of the chemicals and wasn't sure how good those chemicals were for a developing baby.  So about 8 years ago I enrolled in another photography class through New York Institute of Photography.  It was a study at home course that you could take up to three years to complete.  I started out good and then about 2/3 rds of the way through life took over and I set it aside.  As the deadline approached I was determined to finish the course and I did with only weeks to spare.  As an option there was a digital pamphlet that we could complete.  This is the pamphlet that I completed on June 5th.  It was mostly about scanners and I didn't learn anything that I thought was useful, although it may prove useful down the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment