Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 The beginning of a New Year

New beginnings are sometimes scary and some times a relief.  Or they can be both at the same time.  The beginning of this new year seems to have both of those qualities.  The year 2012 will hold some big changes for me.  I have made an effort to put old hurts and old habits behind me.  It is a relief to leave them in the past.  Both of my sons are getting married this year, I will be adding two new daughters.  At the end of the year my daughter will be graduating from college, all three of my kids will be college graduates and out on their own.  With all of this in mind I set out to make a list of New Year's Resolutions.  Most of them are things that I have been working on already, I just want to step them up a notch.  I realize that I am a work in progress and that I am not perfect.  I just want to make myself better. 

2012 New Years Resolutions

1.  Don't be "THAT" girl.  You know... the girl that every one hates or talks about.  This includes: not gossiping, not overly flirty, apologize when wrong, pretty much treat people the way I want to be treated.  I do this one most of the time, I just want to do it more.

2.  Go on a date.  It's okay you can laugh at this one.  It has been a year and a half since I was in a relationship.  I need to stop being so comfortable in my rut and get out there and talk to people.  I very much doubt that Mr. Right or even Mr. Right-Now  is going to show up on my doorstep.  I need to get outside of my comfort zone.

3.  Take care of my body, which means eating right and exercising.  I have many good years left in me.  I want to be able to enjoy them doing the things I love.  I can start feeling the limitations of an older body.  To be able to go and do when I am 70, I need to take care of what I have now before it is too late.

4.  Forgive and forget, that includes forgiving myself.

5.  Play less games on the computer.  I waste so much time playing games on facebook.  Just think of all the fun things I could be doing instead.

That is my list.  They are very achievable goals.  I hope to review them once a week to make sure that I am still on track.  Thanks for reading my blog in 2011.  And I wish you a very blessed and prosperous New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment